Thursday, August 19, 2010

Rob Rosen: Nerdvana Author Interview

Over the years, I have read several of Rob Rosen’s gay erotica and admired how prolific he is with writing and submitting to various anthologies. I felt pleased to receive his story for Nerdvana. I look forward to reading more of his work and hope you will be too.

1) What inspired your Nerdvana erotica story?

First off, I love geeks and nerds, sexy wallflowers, cute brainiacs, so the whole anthology concept was fun for me. Also, I worked in a lab on a college campus for 9 years, so the setting for my story was an obvious choice. Throw in a randy jogger and a lab geek working late and you have the perfect recipe for a hot encounter.

2) How did you get into writing gay erotica?

I was totally discovered. Kind of like Lana Turner at Schwab's Pharmacy, only with, um, blow jobs and, uh, back rooms. But seriously, the editor at Men Magazine read my work online, loved it, and asked if I'd be interested in writing erotic fiction for their several magazines. Up until then, I'd been writing mainstream fiction. Still, I jumped at the chance and wrote for them for 5+ years, my work appearing in about 40 issues of Men, Freshmen, and [2], all now sadly defunct.

3) What other erotica projects do you have coming out soon?

I write mainly short stories for erotic anthologies and have over a dozen scheduled to come out, thus far, through the end of the year. Nerdvana is published by Starbooks Press, and with them alone I have stories in the upcoming: Gym Buddies and Buff Boys, Who's Your Daddy?, Big Holiday Packages, Video Boys, and Rock & Roll Over. So please check them out on Amazon when they're available.

4) What non-erotic projects have you written?

Beyond gay erotica, gay non-fiction, and my novels, I also write speculative fiction for the teaming masses. I love writing about zombies and vampires and ghouls of all shapes and sizes, always with a comic twist. To that end, I've been published in more than 50 anthologies, with new ones hitting shelves monthly. My novels, "Sparkle: The Queerest Book You'll Ever Love" and "Divas Las Vegas", winner of the 2010 TLA Gaybies for Best Gay Fiction, are both comic murder mysteries, with a slight erotic bend to them. And I'm working on getting my third novel out now, "Hot Lava", set in beautiful Waikiki.

5) Do you have a website or blog your fans can follow?

Sure, please visit me at http://www.therobrosen.com. I'm always updating my site on all things Rob Rosen.

1 comment:

Yaoi Boy said...

I love STARbooks press. Eric Summers is such an amazing editor. I can't wait to read Rock & Roll Over :D